The Trust wishes to recruit an experienced Fundraiser based in the UK. The terms are flexible and remuneration will be on an agreed commission. The scope of work is given below. If you wish to discuss the opportunity further, please send your CV to the Secretary.
• motivate and facilitate supporters to maximise the funds they raise;
• inspire new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters;
• organise traditional activities, such as sponsored outdoor events and house-to-house collections of donated goods and money;
• develop new and imaginative fundraising activities;
• raise awareness of Kafue River Trust and its work at local and national levels, e.g. by giving talks to groups or seeking photo opportunities with the media;
• work with all forms of media, and produce supporting materials such as posters, websites and newsletters to promote, market and advertise Kafue River Trust activities;
• develop and coordinate web-based fundraising;
• increase funds by researching and targeting charitable trusts whose criteria match Kafue River Trust’s aims and activities;
• develop and implement a strategy for individual and corporate supporter recruitment and development;
• recruit, organise and manage volunteers to carry out various functions within Kafue River Trust;
• oversee corporate fundraising, including employee giving and matched giving from employers;
• manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information;
• write applications and mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a wide range of potential and current donors;
• make risk analyses and balance time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.